Hi-Def NES install guides
This process is shown on the top loader, but it’s the same for most NES consoles.
MAKE SURE YOU PLACE THE SOCKETS AND HEADERS IN THE CORRECT HOLES!!!!
It’s not the same holes on the cpu board as the ppu board, look at the markings on the pcb!
1. Install the header pins in to the sockets on the nes mobo.
2. Place either interposer board on to the pins, be sure to put it in the correct holes!!!
There is text on each of the boards saying nes pin xx, that’s the line of holes you want.
3. Solder all the pins.
4. Now cut ALL the ‘inside’ pins flush, this helps the dual wipe socket sit flat.
The inside pins wil be between the unsoldered holes.
5. Repeat for other interposer, be double sure you put the header pins through the right holes!
6. Line up the indention of the dual wipe socket with the indicator of the interposer board.
7. Install dual wipe socket on to interposer, make sure all pins come through, they are easy to bend.
8. Flip it over and solder all the dual wipe socket’s pins.
9. Repeat for the other interposer.
If drag soldering the pins, watch for bridges!
Also watch for solder blobs that might short out pins of the chips on the bottom of the boards!
If you have flux remover, and want to use it, now is the time!