Hi-Def NES install guides
NES-101 Top Loader and HVC-101 AV Famicom
Disassemble and prep
YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE THEM AND ZOOM IN
These guides are the same for the top loader and av famicom.
1. Unplug the console and move it’s power button to on, this will de-energize the caps and make it safer to work on.
2. Using the template mark the hole that will be cut out for the hdmi connector, use a thin permanent marker. Print a template from this page.
3. Remove screws holding console shell together, 4 security screws on top loader and av fami.
4. Remove all screws holding RF shielding and motherboard in place, 5 on us top loader, 7 on av fami.
5. RF shields can not be re-used with mod. Put them aside or throw then away.
This is a good time to clean all the parts of the console.