Hi-Def NES install guides
NES-101 Top Loader and HVC-101 AV Famicom
YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE THEM AND ZOOM IN
These guides are the same for the top loader and av famicom.
1. Lay the Hi-Def NES main board in place to mark the inner rib for removal.
2. Cut inner rib at marked spots, can be cut wider.
3. Bend the piece near bottom back and forth till it snaps out.
4. It should have broken right at the bottom edge, remove any plastic that didn’t.
5. Using a sharp x-acto type knife cut down vertically in to outside hole marks to create ‘stops’ for horizontal knige cuts.
6. Start cutting horizontally from middle out to vertical cuts, continue downward vertical cuts as more plastic is removed.
7. Stop when you have removed all plastic within the marked box.
8. FLush cut the solder blobs on the bottom of the hi-def nes main board.
9. Test fit the main board, continue cutting or use a needle file to open hole so connector edges line up with hole.
10. Using flush cutters, cut the RF module pin so your knife or file doesn’t hit it.