Hi-Def NES install guides
NES-001 Front Loader
YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE THEM AND ZOOM IN
7. Place cpu or ppu on to motherboard into it’s proper place and position.
11. Retest your console to make sure it’s still working! If not now is the time to find out and repair it!
12. Desolder 7805, the voltage regulator.
13. Remove mount screw and wiggle heat sink back and forth till it falls off with 7805 still attached.
14. Bend 7805 legs out and tighten back down if you plan to leave it in the console.
These parts can also just be set aside as they are replaced by the Hi-Def NES kit’s power circuit.
15. Remove cpu and ppu from their sockets.
18. If you want the original video outputs to work (composite and RF), remove transistor Q1 (marked Q1 on all consoles):
19. Bridge the outside holes (again, pic from a top loader but same result):
If you have flux remover, now is the time to use it!